Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. has announced additional executive and senior underwriting roles at SiriusPoint Ltd., the new company created as a result of the anticipated merger of Third Point Re and Sirius International Insurance Group Ltd.
The leadership team announcements are:
- Dan Malloy, President, Global Distribution and Head of Runoff. Malloy will be responsible for distribution and business development, as well as broker and client involvement. He will also oversee SiriusPoint's disposal division. He will be based in Bermuda, subject to Bermuda Immigration approval. Malloy is the current CEO at Third Point Re.
- David Govrin, Global Chief Underwriting Officer and President, Americas Reinsurance. Govrin is currently President, Third Point Reinsurance (USA) Ltd. and Head of Business Development, Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. He is based in the USA.
- Monica Cramér Manhem, chairman, international reinsurance. SiriusPoint International's branch managers, including the European, Miami and Singapore offices, will report to Cramér Manhem, who is based in Stockholm and is currently President of Global Reinsurance at Sirius Group.
- Ming Zhang, Chief of the Investigative Officer. Based in New York, Zhang is currently Chief Investment Officer at Third Point Re following his move from MetLife.
- Vievette M. Henry, chief people officer. Henry will join SiriusPoint on March 1, 2021 from American Insurance Group (AIG) in New York, where she has served as Global Head of Talent, Organizational Effectiveness and Chief Diversity Officer for the past three years.
SiriusPoint executives will report to the SiriusPoint Chairman and CEO Sid Sankaran, who is currently the non-executive chairman of Third Point Re's board of directors.
The executives will join the previously announced senior appointments:
- Prashanth Gangu, chief operating officer and president of Insurance and Services
- Rachael Dugan, general advisor
- David Junius, Finance Director
- Steve Fass, Vice President
SiriusPoint is launched as one of the 20 largest (re) insurers worldwide with a global portfolio of insurance and reinsurance, including accident and health (A&H), liability, property and specialty.
The underwriting leaders at SiriusPoint have been announced as:
- Jan Onselius, chief underwriting officer, international reinsurance. Onselius is currently Chief Underwriting Officer, Global Reinsurance, at Sirius Group in Stockholm.
- Nick Campbell becomes Global Head of Specialty and will lead SiriusPoint's operations in Bermuda. Campbell is currently Chief Risk Officer and EVP, Underwriting, at Third Point Re.
- Patrick Chamberland, EVP International Reinsurance in addition to managing the SiriusPoint office in Liège.
- Stuart Liddell, global president of Accident and Health (A&H). Liddell is currently global head of A&H, Sirius Group, based in London.
- Ian Sawyer, Global Head of Casualty. Sawyer currently holds the same role at Sirius Group. He is based in London.
- Warren Trace, Head of the US and Canada. Based in New York, Trace is currently president, North America Reinsurance and deputy chief underwriting officer for America, Sirius Group.
- Tim Mardon SiriusPoint becomes global head of Property Reinsurance and joins the company from Chubb Tempest Re Bermuda. He will be based in Bermuda, subject to Bermuda Immigration approval
“I am delighted with the exceptional team we have formed to lead SiriusPoint,” said Mr. Sankaran. “SiriusPoint brings together two companies with an abundance of talent, as evidenced by these latest appointments. We have a strong leadership team of executives and underwriting talent from within and beyond existing organizations, each with excellent credentials and experience for the business and culture we are building. "
Third Point Re expects the previously announced merger transaction with Sirius International Insurance Group, Ltd. to be completed on or around February 26, subject to meeting the closing conditions.
Source: third point Re
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you might like.
Interested in Leadership
Receive automatic alerts on this topic.